So, I’ve been meaning to update this thing for over a week now, but between my computer being obnoxious, various distractions and life in general, it hasn’t happened until now. My deepest apologies. I was hoping to do a post with lots of pictures, because I have a ton from last month that I’ve been itching to share. However, there’s a World Cup soccer match (France vs. Uruguay) coming on in 15 minutes, so this will have to be quick. Pictures will wait until next time.
So, a quick recap of the past couple of weeks:
– May 15th: Tom and Adrien (two of the guys from the youth conference) got baptized. We roadtripped all the way down to Toulouse for the weekend, and it was well worth the exhaustion and battling traffic jams on the way back.
– May 22nd: My youngest sister’s 20th birthday party. We pulled out all the stops: guests from all over the country (or so it seemed), two scrumptious homemade cakes made by yours truly, and a semi-professional DJ friend who kindly volunteered to provide the music, as well as the bubbles, smoke and foam. Etienne, you rock. 😀 And let’s not forget the traditional Twister tournament.
– Last weekend: a lovely visit from a Welsh couple finishing up a few weeks of vacation in France. Fun times. 🙂
– As of Sunday: Charly, another friend from the youth conference, is staying with us for the summer. She and I spent a good part of the week looking for summer jobs together. So far she’s managed to snag a 2-week job on a farm, and I might be helping with the catering for the annual Republican Banquet (as in the French Republic, not the Republican Party). It amuses me no end that it’s on the 4th of July. 😛
– This Sunday: wedding service at church! 😀
Well, I have to run now, but I should be able to update tomorrow, or Sunday at the latest.
Have a great weekend! 🙂