Or, More Things I’ve Learned the Hard Way…
- Never attempt to make your bed with a cat in the room. Cats do not understand the concept of a made bed and will be quite indignant with you for attempting to move them.
- Always check to make sure the graham crackers are still fresh before using them, even if the package is sealed. A crumb crust made with stale graham crackers will ruin the flavor of the whole cheesecake.
- No matter how warm (or warmer) your destination is supposed to be, always bring a sweater or something equally warm when traveling.
- Always stretch before riding, especially if you have reason to believe your instructor is going to have you do position/balance-building exercises. Your legs will thank you.
- Before freaking out and assuming the email gremlins ate your account because you can’t log in, check to make sure the caps lock is off when entering your password.
Yes, that last one really did happen to me a few weeks ago. It was all the more terrifying because I had just purchased my airline tickets for my upcoming visit to the States and the email confirmation and e-ticket had been sent to that account. Needless to say, I was very relieved (and felt a bit silly) when I noticed the caps lock was on. 😛
And yes, you did read that right, I am coming to the States for a visit this summer! My sister Sandrine is also coming; this will actually be our first sisters-only vacation. Look out folks… muahahaha… *cough* I mean, of course we’ll act like the mature, responsible adults we both are. 😉
In the more immediate future, we’re starting to gear up for our second youth weekend next month. If last year and what’s happened since then is any indication, this year is going to be amazing. 😀 Oh, and prayers that I (and the rest of us) won’t get sick this time around would be VERY much appreciated.
Pictures coming up in the next post…